Online Advisors Insurance Agency Ltd

0723 645 810

How can we help?
< All Topics

What is a standard domestic package insurance cover?

A standard domestic package insurance policy includes four essential types
of cover. They include:
a) Cover for the structure of your home (often referred to as section
b) Cover for your personal belongings or contents of the building
(section B and C).
c) Liability protection (Section D and E).
d) Additional living expenses in the event you are temporarily unable
to live in your home because of a fire or other insured event.
a) Buildings (section A)
This part of your policy pays to repair or rebuild your home if it is
damaged or destroyed by fire, lighting, storm or other disaster listed
in your policy.
b) Personal belongings (Section B & C)
Under section B the policy covers loss or damage to personal belongings
like furniture, household goods, electrical equipment and other personal
items if they are stolen, destroyed by fire or other insured event.
An all risks cover under section C is often provided to cater for items
that are taken out of the house like jewellery laptop computers, mobile
phones and cameras.
c) Liability protection (Section D, E and F)
The policy covers domestic workers under section D for injury or death
arising from domestic work. This cover ensures that an individual is
indemnified against liability at law under the Workmen’s Compensation
Act (WCA)
Public liability cover under Section E and F protects owners and
occupiers respectively against lawsuits for bodily injury or property
damage that they or their family members cause to other people.
The liability section of the policy pays for the cost of defending you in
court and any court awards up to the limit of your policy.
d) Additional living expenses
This pays the additional costs of living away from your home if you
can’t live there owing to damage from a fire, storm, or other insured

Table of Contents